sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Z3: 1999 BMW Z3 VIN# ***** Driver side door lock

Customer Question

1999 BMW Z3 VIN# ***** Driver side door lock problems addressed by BMW technician in March 2014. New actuator $158.78 plus $246.00 labor, tax and shop fee. Total malfunction July 2015 ... advised broken latch ... estimated cost of repair $1200.00. Part ordered sent home in rental. Is this reasonable ... ????
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Unless there is more included in the price that I am not aware of it does sound a little high. I'm showing list price on the left door latch to be $631 and the labor to replace it calls for .9, which I'm sure they would have rounded to one hour. If their labor rate was $100 an hour I would expect the price to replace the latch to be about $750 with tax.