Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

740il: ! We have a 2001 740il. The battery has been draining,

Customer Question

Hi! We have a 2001 740il. The battery has been draining, We had a new battery put in and I was driving it yesterday. I drove for about 5 hours. I kept smelling something. While I was going 80mph the car stopped. When I opened the trunk the battery had "exploded" The mechanic that had put in the new battery said he could find the drain problem so he put a switch on the battery.
We replaced the battery again today because I am out of town with 2 kids and 2 cats I drove 40 miles and the battery light came on. I pulled off the highway and it was dead. Now I am stuck
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hi, what question can I answer for you about this?