BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

750li: Steve, I have a bmw 750li 2008 month. The yellow.

Customer Question
Hi Steve, I have a...
Hi Steve, I have a bmw 750li 2008 for a month. The yellow. Engine shows up and the park brake malfunction come sometimes. But the yellow engine light stays on anrd the red reset car stays on. How to reset? Now the a/c comes on and off and the speed odometer does the same. I've. Been in collision senses 1970 after leaving. The Marines and Vietnam. I replace or repair. Frames .. now. I'm retired now I can understand you. Ok
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/19/2015
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I am not sure what exactly the question is that you would like answered. Can you please clarify?
Hi Steve, bmw 2008 750li the yellow engine always. On and the red reset car also stays on. Plus Fha park malfunction is on. Battery is five years old
What's. Wrong?
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
if the battery is old it would be a good idea to replace it and have the car programmed to accept the new battery.
the engine light is on becasue there is an emissions impacting fault present with the car. this cannot be reset until the underlying issue is properly diagnosed and repaired. once this is complete, the light can be switched off with a scan tool. the first step in diagnosing this issue is to have the fault logs read from the car.
the parking brake light is on because the parking brake is malfunctioning. this is usually a simple failure of the parking brake unit itself or wear in the brake componets. you can try to reset it, but it most likely parts need to be replaced. to reset, turn the ignitoin on with engine off and press the button 4 times at intervals of 5 seconds, then turn the ignition off, then start the car.
the only items you can reset yourself can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKC2bkULOzU
the only way to avoid guessing on this car is to have proper test plans run with factory BMW equipment. This is unfortunately a cost of owning this car.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert