BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

X5: I own a 2005 X5 bought used ..came with one key, which

Customer Question
I own a 2005 X5...
I own a 2005 X5 bought used ..came with one key, which key is now locked in the vehicle as I was unloading some stuff from the back of the vehicle without unlocking or disarming the side doors. Closed the back up not knowing key was in there and now I am stuck
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
7/16/2015
BMW Mechanic: Roger, BMW Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Hello, This is always a bad situation on a BMW unfortunately. There is no easy was to break into a BMW. The best course of action would be to order a new mechanical key from the dealer and use the mechanical portion in the driver door to open the door to gain access. To break into a BMW you will need to do the following and it might be best to have a locksmith perform this. You need an inflation tool to carefully pry the door open for access into the vehicle. Then using a long rod too you need to hit the central unlock button to take the vehicle out of double lock. Then you need to use the long tool to pull on the driver or passenger door handle two times to get a door to open. That is why a key is really the best way to gain access.I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if I can help further by responding back. Please provide a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for helping today. I wish you the best with this situation. I have broken into a lot of BMW's this was for this issue and it can be time consuming.Best Regards,Roger
Roger, BMW Master Tech