peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

550i gt: I own a 2011 Bmw 550i GT, my trunk door does not lock.

Customer Question

I own a 2011 Bmw 550i GT, my trunk door does not lock. I've check to make sure nothing is holding it up, but i just can't seem to figure out why it's not closing properly
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible mechanical fault with the latch itself.I have seen the trunk latch fail before in the past and had to replace it for issues like this here.This will need checked/tested further to be sure.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete,Thanks for your response. Yeah, I just took my car in to the dealership since I was not able to get a response. They are doing some test on it now. I guess I will hear back from them soon.Thanks,