BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Hey Roger, Im new with Insta/P and I replaced a 2000 X5 E53…

Customer Question
Hey Roger, Im new with...
Hey Roger, Im new with Insta/P and I replaced a 2000 X5 E53 DSC module with a used one. Can you guide me thru the process? Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
7/8/2015
BMW Mechanic: JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech replied 3 years ago
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech
Hi there, It appears Roger is offline, but I can assist you with programming if you would like. -JP
Hello JP,
First time user of Insta/P.
I replaced ABS module with used one. I want to code the module with Insta but Ive never use it before.
What do I need to start and whats the procedure?
You need to start by connecting the vehicle to your computer with the icon (diagnostic head) via land cable. Once its connected you can start the ista/p application. Let me know when you are this far. You'll also need a battery charger supplying consistent voltage for programming.
Hey Jay,
sorry i was working till late.
Im taking the weekend off from tomorrow, is it possible tonight or do you wanna help me when im back.
It can be a long process depending on computer speed. Its late where I'm located on the east coast, I'd rather wait until you get back. Thanks.
Thanks Jay!!
I ill text when im back
Perfect. Just reply back when you are ready.