BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

328i: my 2007 328i driver door will not lock. when hitting…

Customer Question
my 2007 328i driver door...
my 2007 328i driver door will not lock. when hitting the lock on the key fob or dash lock button the actuator thumps repeatedly. Any idea what the cause may be. it seems like the actuator is working but somehow is not completely opening or locking.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
All three passenger doors lock and unlock just fine. It's only the drivers door that there is a problem with.
7/5/2015
BMW Mechanic: JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech replied 2 years ago
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech
Hi there, Approximately how many miles are on the vehicle? Does the vehicle have comfort access? -JP
113000 miles, I not sure what comfort access is
Comfort access is keyless locking/unlocking of the vehicle. This can be done just by having the key in your pocket and reaching for the door handle to unlock. Does the vehicle have this?
No
The two most likely issues are the internal door lock actuator electronics for the drivers door malfunctioned, or there is corrosion at the drivers a-pillar connector. To check this remove the 8mm screw holding on the connector at the inside of the drivers door and separate to inspect for corrosion. If bone is present, I would replace the door lock actuator. Hope this helps, please be sure to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time. Thanks, JP
Please don't forget to leave a positive rating please!
Thanks, JP