BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

BMW 750 li: Hey Roger my name is ***** ***** I am a ase tech as

Customer Question
Hey Roger my name is...
Hey Roger my name is ***** ***** I am a ase tech as well but one with not to much experience on anything BMW. I'm helping a friend of mine who is delpoyed right now but will be returning soon. I have since replaced the valve cover gskts and removed the two valvetronic motors. I've installed them back in but now the vehicle will not turn on. Is there a certain way to set the vvt system and then install the solenoid ? I'm working on a 2005 bmw750 il
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 6 days by:
7/10/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you haven't yet make sure everything is/was reinstalled correctly after this repair was done.I have seen issue where something is left loose or disconnected or becomes damaged and causes this fault.
Thanks Pete
Hey Pete nothing is disco'd and or broken. Car was running perfect other than the oil leak. The two valvetronic motors were reinstalled and car won't start now. Looks simple enough but I just don't understand if there is a certain procedure to install these parts. These are the only two parts other than the valve covers that came off.
Do you just install them on the mounting base of the valve cover and let the computer reset them on its own. KOEO about 3-4 times is what if herd. I guess it resets the pin drive or something like that.
Unfortunately my info isn't showing how these are installed exactly.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician