BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Very strange noise from left bank of BMW M62TU44B Engine…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Range...

Hello, I have a Range Rover L322 with a BMW M62TU44B Vanos motor in it. I have just swapped out all three guides rails, and re-furbished both vanos units. The car is running very nicely, and is super smooth and responsive, however it has a strange (and very noticeable) "whining" or "buzzing" sound when the engine is taken above about 1500 RPM. Perhaps what i should say is, I think the noise is always there, but it becomes extremely noticeable over 1500 RPM, and gets increasingly louder as the RPM increases. This is a youtube video of the noise it is making. This video is taken at about 1800 RPM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqdqBQ4ClY It is coming from the left bank of the engine.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
Relist: I still need help.
Answered in 6 days by:
7/7/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If this noise was not present until after the repairs were done this may be a component with the timing causing this noise here.It sounds like a bearing is worn from here.Your timing components may need inspected again as well as cam shafts for any issues needing repaired.
Thanks Pete