BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 1998 R1100R and I am a bonehead. I wasn't minding…

Customer Question
I have a 1998 R1100R...
I have a 1998 R1100R and I am a bonehead. I wasn't minding my fuel level while riding through a bad storm and ran out of fuel on the road on Friday night. When I was able to put gas in the tank, the bike would turn over but not start. I ran the battery almost dead trying to start it. I hope I didn't fry the starter.
I got it home on a truck. The battery doesn't seem to want to take a charge properly and the electrical system works sporadically. When it is working, one of the small components in the fusebox clicks in a way I haven't heard before. All of the fuses with visible indicators are intact.
I received the motorcycle from a friend who passed away about a year ago, for its age it is in immaculate shape and I have never had a single problem except going too fast sometimes.
I am wondering if I fried that component in the fuse box. It is a small black square thing that plugs in, the # on it is
61 35 2306 365.
I am wondering if replacing that is advised and what is the procedure to get fuel to the injectors after running it dry.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
Answer in 10 minutes my ass.
If my credit card gets charged, I am going to find the person responsible and beat the living shit out of them.
fxxx you very much.