BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

X5: My 08 x5 a/c was not blowing cold, went Indy had the compressor…

Customer Question
My 08 x5 a/c was...
My 08 x5 a/c was not blowing cold, went Indy had the compressor replaced and it still doesn't blow cold, cool at best. Thoughts? I was told it might need to be recharged and bmw only had the tool.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
6/27/2015
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The system would definitely need to be charged after the compressor was replaced. When replacing the compressor the system would be recovered, after the compressor is installed then it is vacuumed an then recharged to the proper weight.
Charge shouldn't be in question if the compressor replacement was done correctly, unless there is a leak in the system. Did a shop do the work?