BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

530i: I have a 07 530i and this morning it wouldn't start,

Customer Question
I have a 07 530i...
I have a 07 530i and this morning it wouldn't start, all the lights turn on, but when the start button is pushed, nothing happens
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2015
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What has been checked / tested beyond a jump start?
I read on a forum to unplug a plug from the negative battery cable, didn't work. Also checked to make sure the brake light switch worked, as well as making sure the steering wheel lock works
Can you please clarify what your question is exactly? Do you want to know possible causes?
I want to know why it isn't starting as previously stated, I put the fob in, foot on the brake, hit the start button and nothing happens, all the dash lights are on
I am sorry but you never stated you wanted to know why it wasn't starting (please see above)
There are many things could be. I can explain the likely causes and sinple things to check, but more than likely parts replacements will be required before the car will start. Is this what you are seeking?