Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

530i: I have a 07 530i and this morning it wouldn't start,

Customer Question

I have a 07 530i and this morning it wouldn't start, all the lights turn on, but when the start button is pushed, nothing happens
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What has been checked / tested beyond a jump start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I read on a forum to unplug a plug from the negative battery cable, didn't work. Also checked to make sure the brake light switch worked, as well as making sure the steering wheel lock works
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Can you please clarify what your question is exactly? Do you want to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know why it isn't starting as previously stated, I put the fob in, foot on the brake, hit the start button and nothing happens, all the dash lights are on
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry but you never stated you wanted to know why it wasn't starting (please see above)
There are many things could be. I can explain the likely causes and sinple things to check, but more than likely parts replacements will be required before the car will start. Is this what you are seeking?