Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Bmw 745 ac blowing hot air

Customer Question

bmw 745 ac blowing hot air
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2004 745i with 71k miles on it. A/C stopped blowing cold air last week. The fan blower is working fine, just blowing hot air. Tried to recharge a can of r134a but the low pressure gauge needle continued to rise to more than 80 psig. So I stopped recharging. How can I tell if the compressor is bad (car has low miles)? Pressure switch? Any input would help out.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what kind of diagnostic equipment do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Snap on solus ultra if that would help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The codes I got off the scanner is 9C5F and 9C60 left/right ventilation temperature sensor. Could it have something to do with the AC operation? Replace the sensors? The ambient temperature sensor underneath the right front side looked ok.Manifold gauges reading... Low side at 300 psig. High side at around 75 psig. The r134a has been evacuated and the gauges reading remained about the same. Scanner showed two procedures to run in r134a add or remove. How important is that? I'm hoping to get an answer before deciding on the compressor to be bad.