Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

328i: I am getting error codes P1553 & P1554. Car is in limp

Customer Question

I am getting error codes P1553 & P1554. Car is in limp mode. Any suggestions to repair and remove limp mode without BMW?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what information exactly you are seeking with your question "Any suggestions to repair and remove limp mode without BMW? "
can you please clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My car is in limp mode. I took it to an independent who read the error codes. P1553 & P1154.How do I fix this?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
these are nonspecific emissions codes that indicate an issue with the vaons solenoids
it would be unusual for both to fail at once.
more likely there is an issue with the oil
I would change the oil and filter and inspect for any debris in the oil
make sure you use 5w30 synthetic when you change.
also clean the solenoids
then retest
if the issue persists next would be replacing one solenoid to see if one code will go away. If it does, replace the second solenoid.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.