BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

X5: I need to replace the blower motor FSR on a 2001 X5

Customer Question
I need to replace the...
I need to replace the blower motor FSR on a 2001 X5
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
6/16/2015
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hi,
what question did you have about this?
did you want a procedure for the job? something else?
Just looking for the removal proceedure
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the unit is located in the center console / under dash area and requires removing some paneling
here are instructions:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/BMW-X5/28-ELEC-Blower_Motor_Final_Stage_Replacement/28-ELEC-Blower_Motor_Final_Stage_Replacement.htm
http://www.ronstultz.com/knowledge/Documents/BMW%20X5/BMW%20X5%20-%20How%20to%20Replace%20the%20Final%20Stage%20Resistor.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKQKz3Mkl3E
http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/x5/miscellaneous-x5/10139-final-stage-resistor-replacement.html
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.