BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

328i: 'put new battery in bmw 328i will no make a sound all…

Customer Question
`put new battery in bmw...
`put new battery in bmw 328i will no make a sound all lights come on ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
I also notice the brakes feel stiff when a trying to start the bmw 328i again all light are on I have power but no response when pushing start buttom.
hello is one there
anyone there
6/11/2015
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 3 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Sounds like the brake booster could be the issue. I would remove the vacuum line to it and re attempt to start the engine.
I Wil try tomorrow morning
Will I be able to contact tomorrow we this conversation
Yes you can contact me tomorrow. Good luck
The hose didn't work still not starting
Help Kenny
Do the brake lights come on when pushing on the pedal?
I would also do voltage drop test from the engine to the jump ground point this will check the engine main ground cable this are common to corrode and cause a no start.
If that test ok I would check the starter motor I have replaced several of these.
Ok will do thanks
ok, Keep me posted