2001 BMW X5: New Engine
installed w/ 68k miles...working on restoring the car
1. Recently took BMW in for oil change.....was told I need to do a smoke test. Prior I went to two muffler companies to check as my "check engine" light was on. Was told there may be a leak. Repair tech said I need smoke test $ 300.00...I did not do. Said I needed new catalytic converter, O2 sensor. Second opinion from different repair tech said I need new manifolds.
When I picked up auto check engine light was off. After driving it for a couple of weeks the check engine lite came back on. What to do ?
2. Key Fob (BMW Master Key (w/ Remote Control) no longer works when I press button to open/lock doors, or to lower window...Do I need to purchase new key or is there a way to repair?
3. Door lock on driver side, rear driver side, and left rear wont work....do I need a new motor actuators on all doors?
4. Front bumper has minor dent. Body guy told me I had to purchase a new front end bumper, not bumper cover....is this correct. Said BMW only sells total bumper for replacement
5. Last question......lower bushing need to be replaced. I am researching after market parts form Manufactures as follows:
- Lemforder OEM
- LN Engineering
Are any of these good parts manufactures ?