Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

530i: I just changed my ccv and intake boots on my 2001 530i

Customer Question

I just changed my ccv and intake boots on my 2001 530i and am having this same probelem. CEL and EMl light are on. Motor will crank but no ignition. Has been sitting for three weeks waiting for time and parts. Battery was a little low initially. It would crank for about 10 sec then t would start to slow down. Have the battery on charger right now
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 2 years ago.
The throttle body is electric and BMW recommends against cleaning it with any cleaner. It may only require calibration or possible the electronics were damaged when you cleaned it.
Low battery voltage can will cause a no start condition due to the starter drawing all the voltage and not enough for the control units to start it. If the battery died after sitting for three weeks I think you will need a new battery.