Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2002 745i , got in accident replaced positive cable

Customer Question

I have a 2002 745i , got in accident replaced positive cable cars head lights,tail lights stay on car turns over but wont start
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am assuming one of the modules have faults the front steering wheel airbag deployed and knee air bag also deployed all the rest are in good condition
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hi,
can you please clarify what your question is about this? It is not clear what information you are seeking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how to start the car which module is causing it not to start? i read when 15 terminal is activated the light stay on etc, what should I be focusing on?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
have you scanned the faults from the vehicles fault memory?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no , what module keep all exterior lights on after accident? which system can I use for faults? I tried obd reader not doing much .which module needs to be replaced after airbag deloyed? all the original modules are still in the car .which module prohibits me from turning the car on?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a Saturday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suspect the sbsr module is likely the culprit, but there is no way to know without a BMW factory scan tool.
there are about 60 modules on this car and many of them can prevent start... plus, you can't just replace any without having them then reprogrammed.
an obd scanner cannot be used for this, a BMW factory scan tool or equivalent is required. if you do not have such a tool, unfortunately you will not be able to diagnose or repair the issue, or carry out necessary programming after replacement.
if you need a non dealer option for this, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my last question would be, would the sbsr activate all headlight and tail lights? or is the reset when you clear faults?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
the light issue might resolve with a fault clear, but at the least should be revealed with the fault scan
it is most likely an issue with the lamp module - a fault scan will verify.