Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

X5: Roger. My 2004 X5 roof will not do anything as if no

Customer Question

Hi Roger. My 2004 X5 roof will not do anything as if no power. Fuse OK. Roof in correct closed position but shade stuck open.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hello,
can you please clarify what your question is about this or what information it is that you are seeking?
are you wanting to know possible causes? something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to close the shade and leave the roof closed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please contact me in regards ***** ***** question about my BMW X5 Panoramic roof issue.
Rich Cell;(###) ###-####
Expert:  Kenny replied 2 years ago.
There is a way to manually close the sunshade. Would you like these instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would like these instructions to manually close the sunshade.
Thank you.
Expert:  Kenny replied 2 years ago.
You will need to lower the rear section of the headliner to gain access to the motor that drives the sunshade and manually over ride it with a allen socket in the motor.