BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

645 convertable: I have an 2006 645 convertable. The sat radio…

Customer Question
I have an 2006 645...
I have an 2006 645 convertable. The sat radio stopped working and the light on the display is off. Also when i play the radio or CD. It will work then lose sound for 20 seconds then do the same
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: BMW
5/27/2015
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

hello,

can you please confirm what question would you like answered about this?

What is wrong with my radio
I would like to know why the Sat stopped working

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

I would check fuses if you have not, but chances are this is a control module failure - most likely the sat radio module simply failed.

in a rare case, a different module (nav, amplifier, etc) could also fail and bring other modules offline, but in this case it is pretty likely that you simply need a new sat radio module.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.