Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

645 convertable: I have an 2006 645 convertable. The sat radio

Customer Question

I have an 2006 645 convertable. The sat radio stopped working and the light on the display is off. Also when i play the radio or CD. It will work then lose sound for 20 seconds then do the same
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello,

can you please confirm what question would you like answered about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is wrong with my radio
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to know why the Sat stopped working
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

I would check fuses if you have not, but chances are this is a control module failure - most likely the sat radio module simply failed.

in a rare case, a different module (nav, amplifier, etc) could also fail and bring other modules offline, but in this case it is pretty likely that you simply need a new sat radio module.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.