BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

How do I get my car to start?

Customer Question
How do I get my car to start?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Please see my detailed post here, which will show a video + explain the issue I am having:http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2183135-95-325is-won-t-start-ignition-issues-*vid*-*pics*
5/19/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Your ignition will not turn back on due to not seeing the key signal with the ignition housing being bro***** *****ke this here.The ignition housing will need replaced in order to correct this fault.
Thanks Pete
Hello Pete,Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know that it will not start due to the ignition housing being broken, however, why will the bypass still not work (as shown in this video I took: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVbTtjzCos) As you can see, two clicks gives the car power, but the 3rd click does not turn the car over.
It looks like the computer isn't seeing the correct signal so either with the switch off like this and the bypass signal it isn't seeing this as a valid response to crank over the engine or the bypass you have done is not allowing the correct signals to the computer.I have seen some models do this with the key on activating the ignition switch and had to replace the housing to all of it worked in conjunction properly.
Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician