BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

What would cause transmission to go in failsafe mode and not

Customer Question
shift into any gear on...
what would cause transmission to go in failsafe mode and not shift into any gear on bmw 745li 2003
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
5/15/2015
BMW Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Although there are a few things that will cause that, (trouble codes would have to be checked) the connector to the trans will also have to be checked.
There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.
.
.
Here is a link to what it states.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o5pximqadylrjv/AUTOMATIC%20TRANSMISSION.pdf?dl=0
.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks
Jerry, Master Mechanic