internal88
internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
63512786

Should I buy a 2013 A6 or a BMW 5 series? Which car maker will

Should I buy a 2013 A6 or a BMW 5 series? Which car maker will introduce a new body style sooner?

internal88 :

Hello and welcome, I’m Brandon. I will do my best to help you with your question.

internal88 :

I have to tell you both vehicles the A6 and 5 series are a blast to drive.

internal88 :

You should be seeing the body change for the 5 series sometime in late 2014 or early 2015.

internal88 :

The BMW (F10) body style was introduced since 2010.

internal88 :

The Audi A6 started their new body style at 2011.

internal88 :

I'm more leaning toward the BMW 5 series. Because it has more engine options. It offers gas or diesel striaght 6. If power is prority the big V8 with turbo is available.

internal88 :

Internal news is that BWD are designing the body style on the 5 series.

internal88 :

It is all about your preference both car is excellent.

internal88 :

I will be checking my email later tonight. Please let me know if you need more further help. Have a good evening.

Correction: Internal News, BMW is currently designing and testing the new changes that will be out in 2014.

I'm open for conversation, please let me know what is your take on this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much! I think the A6 will have a bit more longevity since it's not set for a redesign in the near future. Any idea how drastic the design updates will be to the BMW 5 series next year?
You are welcome.
The design changes for the 5 series are not drastic at all.

The minor face lift included updated headlights with option of full LED units. The front pair of kidney grilles will be slightly changed. Available engines will have minor changed most likely the engineer will tweak the engine control programming. The IDrive information system will be upgraded with the latest applications.