BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2006 BMW 525i: starter..at the dealer service department

How much should it cost...
How much should it cost to replace the starter in a 2006 BMW 525i at the dealer service department?
6/22/2012
Roger, BMW Master Tech

I would be able to find this information for you in the morning if you can provide me with the last seven digits of the vehicle identification number. I would want to verify the labor time using the BMW labor time guide by VIN and get a correct part price from my parts department.

Would this be an acceptable time frame? I would be able to respond back by around 8 am.

Please let me know if this is okay and post the last seven digits of the VIN.

Thank you.

The time frame is fine. The last seven digits of the VIN are CK89236.

Thank you. I will get back to you first thing in the morning when I get in to work. With the VIN I can be very specific on the price for you and outline the time involved for this repair.

Best Regards,

Good Morning,

I have the pricing for you. The total cost not including tax at my shop would be 1036.50

The starter cost in parts is 559.70 (includes starter and two new bolts).

Labor is 3.2 hours at 149.00 per hour = 477.80

The quote seems to be very accurate.

I hope this was helpful. Please select positive feedback for me to receive credit for helping you today. Thank you and I wish you the best with your repairs.

Thank you very much.
I feel much better now thanks to your help.

You are very welcome. I am glad I could provide this information for you. Please remember to press positive feedback so I can receive credit for helping and I look forward to being able to help you in the future.

Best Regards,

Roger, BMW Master Tech
Roger, BMW Master Tech