BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

01 BMW X5 How do I reset the oil service light ?

6/18/2012
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Here you go:

Reset service interval indicator (Service "oil service or inspection")

1. Ignition key position "0" (terminal 15 and terminal R OFF)

2. Press left-hand instrument cluster button, hold pressed and turn ignition key to position "1" (terminal R)

• Only in the "basic" instrument cluster does the input mask for the test functions then appear briefly in the display.

1. Keep button pressed, the service status is then indicated after 5 seconds

• SIA OIL SERVICE or INSPECTION and the remaining liters are shown

• The due service is indicated with "RESET SIA: " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or with "rE SIA" in the basic instrument cluster provided the coded minimum limit is reached and can be reset.

• "RESET SIA:" in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or "rE SIA" in the basic instrument cluster is not indicated if the coded minimum limit for the service has not been reached In this case the remaining liters for the service are shown in the display.

1. To reset Keep button pressed in order to assume reset mode after a further 5 seconds provided the coded minimum limit has been reached.

• "RESET SIA: " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or " rE SIA " in the basic instrument cluster flashes in the display for 5 seconds if the minimum limit has been reached.

• If resetting is required, the service can now be reset by releasing, pressing again and releasing the button while "reset" is flashing.

• The liters for the new service are indicated for approx. 5 seconds on completion of the reset.

• If resetting is not required, the old service can be retained by releasing the button and waiting for the flashing sequence to elapse.

• The old service is shown for 5 seconds .

To reset service interval indicator (time-based inspection)

• The time-based inspection can be reset after the service.

• If the time-based inspection is not coded "End SIA: " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or "EndSIA" in the basic instrument cluster is indicated together with the old service (if not reset) or with the new liters from service (if reset).

• The time-based inspection status is shown if time-based inspection is encoded.

• The due time-based inspection is shown with "Reset " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or with "rE" in the basic instrument cluster.

• The due time-based inspection is indicated with "RESET " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or with "rE" in the basic instrument cluster if the coded minimum limit has been reached.

• The due time-based inspection is indicated without "RESET" in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or without "rE " in the basic instrument cluster if the coded minimum limit has not been reached.

• Press and hold the button for longer than 5 seconds if the due time-based inspection is indicated with "RESET " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or with "rE" in the basic instrument cluster.

• After 5 seconds the display "RESET" in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or "rE" in the basic instrument cluster flashes for 5 seconds .

• If resetting is required, the time-based inspection can now be reset by releasing, pressing again and releasing the button while the display is flashing.

• The new time-based inspection status is shown for 5 seconds , "End SIA: " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or "EndSIA" in the basic instrument cluster is shown together with the new time-based inspection status.

• If resetting is not required, the old time-based service can be retained by releasing the button and waiting for the flashing sequence to elapse.

• The old time-based inspection status is shown for 5 seconds , "End SIA: " in the high instrument cluster (IKE) or "EndSIA" in the basic instrument cluster is shown together with the old time-based inspection status.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate 3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking CONTINUE CONVERSATION. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate 3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Oil service lamp is now reset
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager