BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

socket..strutsupport aswellasthevalvecoverbolts

Customer Question
What type of...
What type of socket set do I need for these bolts?  Also, what sizes do I need for this strut support as well as the valve cover bolts?  I am removing the strut brace and the bolts for the valve cover. Thanks
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: BMW
4/20/2012
BMW Mechanic: Sam, BMW Master technician replied 10 years ago
Sam, BMW Master technician
Hello and welcome to just Answer.That is a torx bolt. It requires a specific torx socket to remove this bolt.If i remember correctly, the strut brace bolts are either e12 or e14 and the valve cover bolts are e10.
Sam, BMW Master technician
The strut brace bolts are actually e16... wasted trip across town to auto store.
I'm really sorry i cost you a trip to the parts store. The strut brace was the one i wasn't 100% sure of. I apologize for not being 100% accurate.
It happens ;-)