BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

BMW 528i: Check Engine light with two codes; 1495 and 1145.

Customer Question
Check Engine light with two...
Check Engine light with two codes; 1495 and 1145. There are 2 vacuum hoses, one small 1/8" hard plastic and the other 1/4" rubber coming from where the power steering/interior air filter location on the driver side. Where are these two hose plugs into?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: BMW
3/24/2012
BMW Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 10 years ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Never got the answer.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
BMW Mechanic: Sam, BMW Master technician replied 10 years ago
Sam, BMW Master technician
Hello. Sorry for the long delay.

Are you sure of code 1495? I do not see this code listed. What does the scanner say the code is?

As far as the 2 hoses, are they both connected to a larger vacuum tee?
The little hose comes from 3/2 valve. The bigger hose comes from evap canister in back of the car.
The small vacuum hose needs to connect to an engine vacuum source. If you are sure that the bigger hose leads to the carbon canister, then that hose needs to connect to the purge valve.
Sam, BMW Master technician
I click the wrong button. Not accepted. I don't know where the purch valve are located. also I did connect it to a vacuum source but it still has an error code 1145
Fault 1145 is for the 3/2 valve at the fuel pressure regulator. This is an electrical fault for the valve being unplugged.

Do you need to know the position of the purge valve on the 97 engine or 98?

Is the 98' engine a regular m52 or an m52TU?

m52tu engine. please provide diagrams for reconnection those hoses. And erase those two codes.
1445 sorry

Ok, 1445 is a fuel vapor leak. This is due to the larger of the 2 hoses we are talking about being unplugged. This hose needs to be hooked up to the purge valve. On an m52TU the valve is at the front of the intake.

graphic

On a regular M52, its on the drivers fender.

graphic

Fault code 1145 is the electrical connection to the running losses (3/2valve) being disconnected. This may present a problem because the 98 engine does not use a running losses valve. If you took the engine and DME from a 97', you need the 3/2 valve as well.

The larger hose splits into a T, smaller hoses. One goes to purge how about the other.
Fault code 1145. The 1998 has a 3/2 valve. Maybe 97 do not?
If the larger hose splits into a t, then it can't be the purge line. Are you sure it goes to the carbon canister?
both goes parallel and loop over the power brake circular unit on the driver's side, under the area where the interior cabin filter sits. One hard plastic the other larger rubber hose. For sure one come from the 3/2 valve. The other I am sure coming from the back canister.
Is there any way you could post a picture of it?
picture sent, hope you received it.
I don't see one. Did you post it here in our chat?

On my screens, a little paper clip icon that lets you attach pictures and such.
I send it [email protected] I don't see the paper clip icon.
Just answer blocks email addresses so that i cannot see the one you posted. I messaged a moderator to see if i can get them to help you post a picture.
we're very close to finding the problem. Just want to follow up to see status..

Here are the hose with the T and they both coming from the round power brake unit.graphicgraphic

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic
The smaller of the 2 hoses should not have that tee from the factory. What do the other 2 ends connect to? One side is the 3/2 valve, right? Also, can i get the last 7 digits of the vin for your car and possibly the car the engine came from? It would help a bunch.
GT93255 off 1998. I don't have the 1997 vin
According to the VIN, the car came with a M52, not an M52TU. that would make all the connections the same. The smaller of the 2 hoses should not have that tee from the factory. What do the other 2 ends connect to? One side is the 3/2 valve, right?

Lets reitterate, the smaller one comes from the 3/2 valve under the driver seat. The larger one I don't know where it comes from, and it has a T, Please see pictures.

Isn't the one in the picture with the tee the small vacuum size hose?
I promise you, I'm trying here. I'm just trying to research your issue here.
the one with the T is the bigger hose that T out. Not the same as the smaller hose. The picture with the blue glove I sent shown both the smaller and the larger hose both running parallel near the power brake unit.
Sam, Hello??
At this point i dont have another vehicle to look at and cannot come up with an answer quick enough. i will ask that your money be refunded. Im sorry i couldn't help you out. I'll also opt out and see in another expert has an answer.
We re so close. Too bad you gave u. ThanksWe re so close. Too bad you gave up. Thanks