Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 525i: Try pairing my new phone with my 2005 BMW 525i tbluetooth

Try pairing my new phone with my 2005 BMW 525i tbluetooth and get error "unable to pair".

try in various time with different phones, same result.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

are you able to get the original phone to pair again? the one that orignally worked?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, the reason is that my wife lost it, that is why we needed a new one.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

make sure you completely delete any stored phones and also unhook the car's battery for one hour to reset everything

if the new phone still won't pair, then you have a compatibilty issue, there is no secret pairing method in this case.

you can try updaing the software on the phone, and also having BMW update the software in the car as this may enable compatibility.

I am sorry I can't have a simpler answer, but these older systems can be buggy and can have compatability issues, so I trust that my honesty and quick response is appreciated.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve