BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

BMW Z3 Roadster: 2001 BMW Z3 2.5i, need a radio code since

Customer Question
2001 BMW Z3 2.5i, need...
2001 BMW Z3 2.5i, need a radio code since I disconnected the battery. I reset the radio so the radio is just waiting for an unlock code. VIN is WBACN33471LKxxxxx
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2012
BMW Mechanic: Thebmwbum, BMW Foreman replied 5 years ago
Thebmwbum
Thebmwbum, BMW Foreman

hi

The code is by radio serial number

turn the radio off then on and hold the "m" button for 8 seconds

this will show the serial number without removing the radio

give me this to cross reference

Thanks

THEBMWBUM

I'm not at the vehicle right now but will try that tonite. Sorry for the late response. Never got an email. Must be stuck in my junk box.

After holding the 'm' button, the answer is 'AREA USA' so I don't know if that qualifies as a serial number.

The radio type is a Business CD. I tried code 11153 and code 53622 so now it's back into CODE WAIT mode. I'll leave the radio on for 2 hours and get back to CODE _____ again.

Hi

well the area is good ,usually the serial number is XXXXX

use the +/- button to scroll the menu and you will get to the SN

Thanks

I can't get back to the car yet. My wife pushed the 'M' button but all that shows is the word CODE and _____ but it's blinking. I may have her enter another code so it goes into WAIT state then get it back to the non-blinking CODE _____. It will be about 4 hours before I can get to the car.
Ok, the serial number is XXXXX and then other codes are GAL 3 & GI 45. Thanks in advance.

HI

This Comes up as 34113

leave the key on for an hour (with a battery charger or an 1hour drive )

No less than 1 hour

if you here a beep that is an end of code beep start over from the beginning number

If this is a benefit

Please Don't Forget to Accept

thanks

THEBMWBUM

Ok, I'll try it and let you know if it works. Thanks.

When I entered the number (34113) CODE _____ came back up. I entered it again and now it is CODE with the line blinking. I'm going to enter it one more time which should make it CODE WAIT and then I'll wait another hour.

Any other suggestions?

Hi

You have to do the 60 minutes no less

let me know the outcome

on both websites 34113 is the code for this radio

Thanks

Still didn't work so here's what I did so you can tell me what I did wrong.

1. Waited 60 minutes until CODE WAIT turned into CODE _____.

2. Entered 34113 as the code.

3. CODE showed the number being entered then it changed back to CODE _____.

4. I waited another 60 minutes. Nothing changed.

5. I again entered 34113.

6. CODE showed the number being entered then it changed to CODE and the _____ started blinking.

7. I waited another 60 minutes, entered the code again and it changed to CODE WAIT.

Right now the car is near me and I'm waiting another 60 minutes. After that, I will enter the code again and see if anything else happens.

Hi

Sounds like your doing this properly.

you'll have to remove the radio and compare this to the serial number

There have been instance when the radio does not accept the code .

check the serial number and disconnect the radio plug from th e car for 15 minutes

if the serial number differs let me have the number , if it is the same.

maybe the disconnect and reconnect may help.

Thanks

Radio1Radio3

BMW Business CD

6512 - 6 909 884

BPO273 2(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

FD162 Index 45

7NNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Blaupunkt

On side barcode same number 2(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I can't disconnect the wiring harness. The tab comes up but the wiring doesn't unplug.

29973774

The only code that comes up is the 34113

Disconnect the cars battery for a half hour ,this way you wont damage the radio connector

Thanks

Thebmwbum
Thebmwbum, BMW Foreman
I contacted [email protected] and they provided code 24566 which worked. Don't ask me what table they use for coding. Sorry your solution didn't work but I will give you the acceptance because you tried.

Hi

I used both data bases below is the Alpine's security code portal showing

the 34113

i appreciate the accept ,this is always helpful

but i need to now that you were provided the equal service

i can request a refund for you

Thanks

The BMWBUM

Maybe the problem is the radio is not an Alpine but a Blaupankt. So I guess my response to your inquiry is I did not get an equal service to the other source. I can accept paying you because you did put in the effort.

Hi

Alpine or blaupunkt gave me the same code

And this is the BMW data base

how they gave you another code is a quandary

I don't know how they calculated the code but their code worked.
Thebmwbum
Thebmwbum
Thebmwbum, BMW Foreman