Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2008 BMW 528i: I reset my brake pad wear indicator..sensors

Customer Question

How do I reset my brake pad wear indicator on my 2008 BMW 528i (pads and sensors were changed approx. 4000 miles ago but not reset)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

you are positive that the sensors were replaced? they are new?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes all 4 pads and sensors; front was reset but not rear
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

Okay, you can reset it then via the instrument cluster.

you need to press the start stop button twice with your foot OFF the brake, then you press and hold the odometer reset button, then you can scroll through the service items to reset the one you want.

Here is a video that shows the process: CLICK HERE or CLICK HERE

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve