Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW X5 My BMW X5 alarm system keeps going off for no reason.

My BMW X5 alarm system keeps going off for no reason. The car is in park inside my garage and I notice that the yellow light that indicates the car is in parked in lit. Should that light be on?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUST ANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that the green "ACCEPT" button must be pressed in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. This light should not be on. This indicates that the car is not in sleep mode. This is likely due to the alarm having gone off. What causes the alarm to go off erroneously is when one of the systems sensors fails and sends a false message that the car is being broken into. Most commonly the hood open sensor is the one that fails, but it could be any. When the alarm is triggered, the car keeps a log of what triggered it. So, your dealer can read out the alarm history and see what is triggering the alarm. This sensor can then be replaced.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve