BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2007 X3: yellow brake warning light came

yellow brake warning light came...
yellow brake warning light came on in my 2007 X3, what does that signify?
8/28/2011
Sam, BMW Master technician

Sam :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Sam :

Is it Just the light that says "brake" in yellow and nothing else?

Customer:

yes

Sam :

No other warning lights correct?

Customer:

I also have a low tire warning light, but cannot find a low tire. 4X4 light is on but not flashing

Sam :

Can you think of any event that may have triggered these lights? Battery replacement?

Customer:

No

Sam :

The ABS light is not on?

Customer:

no

Sam :

Without having a fault readout I can only give you basic things to check. #1 is the brake fluid level. if it is low the yellow "brake" light will come on. #2 is the steering angle sensor calibration. To try to calibrate the sensor, start the car and turn the wheels all the way to the right, then all the way to the left. If it was a steering angle sensor calibration issue then the dash warning lights will go off.

Sam :

If neither of these work then you will need the fault memories read out by a shop so we will no what is causing the warnings.

Customer:

I will go look at both

Sam :

Ok. let me know the outcome.

Customer:

Steering sensor calibration was the key, all are now off.

Sam, BMW Master technician
Sam, BMW Master technician