Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2003 BMW 325I: OIL LEAK..DRIVERS SIDE NOT VALVE COVER OR HOSE

HELLO AGAIN I HAVE A 2003 BMW 325I BAD OIL LEAK ON DRIVERS SIDE NOT VALVE COVER OR HOSE IS THERE SIDE COVERS OR CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE THIS OIL CAN BE COMING FROM HEAD SEAL OR IS THERE SIDE COVERS ON THIS MOTOR THANKS AGAIN DOM
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Can I please have the last 7 digits of the vin to verify which engine you have?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
STEVE THANKS FOR TAKEING MY CALL NO. IS PM55300 THANKS AGAIN DOM
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Dom.

Check the timing cover and oil filter housing gasket. In rare cases the head gasket can leak.

Best thing to do will be to thuroughly clean the engine and then wait for the leak to re-appear to pinpoint its source.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

Many thanks.

Steve