Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 328i: My BMW 1997 328i is overheating. When hot, the top

My BMW 1997 328i is overheating. When hot, the top radiator hose is hot and swollen. If I turn on the heater on high, the guage returns to normal. I replaced the Thermostat, its housing and the expansion tank. What are my other options?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. I would suspect that there may be a blockage in your radiator in this case, or possibly a problem with the waterpump.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

Many thanks.

Steve

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I verify that there is a block in the radiator?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
The best way would be to have it checked at a shop.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If the water pump is bad, will it work occasionally or not work at all?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Sometimes the impeller on the pump comes loose so it can sometimes work and sometimes not, depending on revs, etc.

thank you in advance.

Steve