Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2006 navigation: 325i..no radio and a blank screen

Customer Question

my 325i 2006 navigation system come on and goes out leaving with no radio and a blank screen.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is Steve and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Does the CD player work? Do you get any sound at all?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*

*

Thanks.

Please check your fuses. If the fuses are fine, please read on.

This indicates that your car communication computer (CCC) has failed. This is the unit that controls audio, nav, etc. Sometimes they can just freeze up - you can try unhooking the car's battery for an hour to reset the system.

If the battery reset does not work, then unfortunately you will have to replace the CCC.

I am sorry I cannot have better news for you, but it is the unfortunate reality of the situation, and is a complete and accurate answer to your question.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green ACCEPT button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

Many thanks.

Steve