Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

How to reset BMW diesel exhaust fluid warning light?

Need to reset the BMW diesel exhaust fluid light. It  says I can drive 1000 miles after doing so and then the car will not run. I added the adblue fluid to the diesel exhaust fluid reservoir so would like to reset the light. Please help.

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

You should be able to reset this light through the instrument cluster. You need to cycle through to select the item, and then follow the prompts to reset it.

Here is a video that will walk you through the steps:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

I hope that is helpful. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Steve, that did not work on my 335D.

A code came up : CC-492. does this mean anything?

The code will not go away.

Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

No, the CC codes don't mean much.

Were you able to enter the service reset screen at all?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes I can, and nothing shows up. but when I enter or exit the car, a yellow warning shows up that says "no start" in 1500 km in yellow letters.

This is letting me know my adblue fluid for the emissions is running low. I filled the fluid and now need to reset this.

Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

If the vehicle will not allow you to reset it through the cluster as the video shows, then it will need to be done at the dealer. That is the only reset procedure available. Since the adblue system is so strictly regulated by the EPA, this makes sense. I apologize for not realizing this reset was not available through the cluster.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Many thanks,

Steve