BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Have a 2003 745Li with a rear DVD Navigation Unit. Have a

Have a 2003 745Li with...
Have a 2003 745Li with a rear DVD Navigation Unit. Have a question about upgrading the Navigation Disc. If I upgrade will the Graphics change? What else changes.
10/4/2010
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hi there,

All you will need to do is buy a new disc from your dealer and put it in the drive. It is a straightforward process.

You can also order discs AT THIS SITE

Let me know if you have questions. Please do not forget to press ACCEPT.

Thanks,

Steve

What is the Disc Called & who makes it.

This is a detailed question and I would like specific details please.

Including Name

Do I need the High Version or not

ect.

Yes you need the high version for your nav, yes.

At the dealer it is just called a map update disc, made by navteq for BMW

Let me know if you have further questions. Please press ACCEPT if satisfied.

Thanks,

Steve

I am satisfied but just one more question if you dont mind because this is the fastest $45 I have ever spent in my life.

What is the actual difference? Is there a difference in Display on the actual Map?

In other words does the map look different and if so do you have any pictures?

If you order from the link I provided, it will include a firmware update that will improve the graphics, etc. There are pics at the link. If you just get a map update disc, you may not get the full enhancements.

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry I was mistaken, you will just get a map update on your version:

CLICK HERE

Let me know if you need anything else. Please do not forget to press ACCEPT.

Thanks,

Steve

Relist: The expert isnt being detailed which is what I have paid for! The website contained in the link does not go into details enough. Also Does not answer my question completely..
The expert isnt being detailed which is what I have paid for! The website contained in the link does not go into details enough. Also Does not answer my question completely.

What exactly do you want to know?

I can provide whatever details you need

Ok lets give this one more shot. In the website you gave me it sais click the link to see if your vehicle is compatible.

THIS IS WHAT IT SAIS:

NOTE: BMW 7-series supports map disc only
and no other feature is available.

what does this mean?

Here are all the details:

I was mistaken: You nav version does not support any fancy updates, just maps.

Navteq makes the map discs, which are sold under the bmw brand name.

You can buy at the dealer, or from the link I posted. Either way, you will just get maps but all you need to do is load the disc.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Steve

So the map will actually not look any different just be updated?

Correct. It will just have new roads, points of interest, etc, etc.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert