BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

BMW: key fobs, downloading the information..battery replacement

Customer Question
I am looking for a...
I am looking for a BMW Technician that has significant experience with programming key fobs, downloading the information from the fob and what the information can provide with regards XXXXX XXXXX use of the key. Also the affects of the battery replacement on the information.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/24/2010
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hi there,

Can you please provide a little more info on what you are needing to do?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

yes, possible insurance fraud involving litigation. I do not know the body designation/year but can get that. I believe it is a late model that uses the key fob and push button start, but not sure yet.

Please provide the year modle and what info you would like.

thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Can you provide some information about your credentials, background, degrees, etc. while I am getting the information about the year/model.

Will

I am actually going to opt out and allow another expert to assist on this. I prefer not to get involved in this situation based on the circumstances and apparent severity.

Please do not respond until another expert does or your question may get stuck in limbo.

Thanks,

Steve

BMW Mechanic: George, BMW Technician replied 7 years ago
George
George, BMW Technician
What type of information are you looking to retrieve? Are you the owner of the vehicle?
Supposedly the key fob downloaded info can provide details on the last time the vehicle was started with the key fob. There is some question about the descrepancy between what a person says and what the insurance claim indicates. We provide technical services to clients throughout the country. This case is with one of our clients.

Without inserting the key in the vehicle otherwise it will store what ever the vehicle state is in at this time, you can take it to the dealership and it will take them a few seconds to read out what ever is stored in the key fob.

_______

If I answered your question I ask that you please accept.

I realize I can take the key to the dealer, but I can't have the dealer testify in court on the potential case. I am looking for someone who has the credentials to do that and to be able to write a report, be deposed and testify as to the results and why the possible descrepancy between the key fob and the claim by the insurance co. Is that something you can do?

Not sure what you mean by "Without inserting the key in the vehicle otherwise it will store what ever the vehicle state is in at this time". Please clarify as to what this sentence means.

thanks!

It means lets say the vehicle was last used 2 weeks ago and another driver with another key drove the vehicle 50 miles. If you now use your key fob it will add the extra 50 miles onto that keys readings of stored information.

Since I answered your original question you will need to accept my answer before I can answer any further new questions.

<p>George, Please see my original question. I am not trying to get out of paying you. I am looking to hire a person (an "expert" that meets the specific requirements of the court) that can help on a litigation matter that involved insurance fraud. Your answer tells me what to do to find the answer, but I am looking for "the person" who has the credentials, qualifications, and is interested in possibly being deposed, testifying in court. The right person will be enaged by XXXXXXXX and be paid very well to assist with the case. If this is not something that you are interested in, then I need to know this now. If you want $20 to have an exchange of text messages, well fine, but that's not what I have asked and am seeking. </p>

Here is your original question:

Can you show me were all of this information you just sent me is listed in your original question. Because maybe it's just me but I did not see anywhere that it stated all of these questions you are now asking.

The policy I have to follow is once I answer your original question you must accept my answer before I can answer any further questions.

Which once you accept I will be more then Happy to answer any further questions you might have.

George, Please see my original question. I am not trying to get out of paying you. I am looking to hire a person (an "expert" that meets the specific requirements of the court) that can help on a litigation matter that involved insurance fraud. Your answer tells me what to do to find the answer, but I am looking for "the person" who has the credentials, qualifications, and is interested in possibly being deposed, testifying in court. The right person will be enaged byXXXXXXXXand be paid very well to assist with the case. If this is not something that you are interested in, then I need to know this now.

George
George, BMW Technician

Hi George,

Not sure we are communicating........I'm looking for a person to hire for a big project to be paid a considerable sum of money for their expertise. I can't do a "ask a question", "get an answer", "pay a fee", "repeat, all night to find out if you are qualified to take on the project as a consultant to Humatec. This is an interview to see if you are qualified, have the expertise, credentials, are interested in taking on the project, have the ability to travel, have the ability to download the key fob data, can interpret the downloaded data, will have any issues that would disqualify you in the eyes of the court, etc. I'll pay you the $20 and if you would like to talk further about the project, please contact me via our website. Thanks! Will N.

All you need to do is click on my name next to my picture and it will bring you to my profile page.

Thank you very much,

George

________

I will always leave positive feedback all I ask is for the same.

George
George
George, BMW Technician