BMW

Connect one-on-one with a verified bmw mechanic who will answer your question

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

More related answers
All bmw mechanics are VERIFIED
P101b power train code. It wont go away. I cganged the vvt
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
Yes it wont go away. I cganged the vvt motor. Cleaned the throttle because it was also showing a fault code … read more
I got a 2003 bmw 525i and my car drives in limp mode I
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
I got a 2003 bmw 525i and my car drives in limp mode I think, because it feel like it only drive in 3 gear, I went to auto zone to get the code read, and the codes I is p0174,p0171,p1763,p1085 but I r… read more
BMW 645Ci: 645ci 2004 problem gone in to limp mode twice in
JacobTD
JacobTD, Diagnose Specialist
645ci 2004 problem gone in to limp mode twice in three days, lost power. 2nd time came up can not get reverse gear, turned off and turned on again reverse gear ok. been to Listers BWM boston PE21 7PQ … read more
98 735i: change gear..gear in drive yet the gear shift is..manually
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
i still have no idea why my 98 735i will not change gear in drive yet the gear shift is perfect when it is manually changed thru 1 2 3 4 5 it appears to take off in second and eventually change at 500… read more
318i: SE..UK 52 Plate, loses all electrical power..gearbox..runs fine
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
my 318i Auto SE, UK 52 Plate, loses all electrical power temporarily when I start it on a frosty morning. After about 2 miles all the warning lights come on and the car dies, this lasts for about 20 s… read more
3rd gear..you go to sport mode and manually shift it works..slip
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
2002 325 i , 5 speed automatic .It wants to start off in 3rd gear when you put it in drive but if you go to sport mode and manually shift it works fine except for sometimes in first it seems to slip ,… read more
1997 328i: The Automatic transmission..reverse..Park..started slipping
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
I have a 1997 328i converible. The Automatic transmission will go in reverse if I give it LOTS of gas and it seems like it needs to be either in Park 1st or cut off 1st before this wrks. Now it starte… read more
330CI: convertible..fault codes :-49 - Gearbox Monitoring54..clears
Matthew Spearman
Matthew Spearman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a problem with my E46 330CI Step convertible. It has an intermittent fault whereby it goes into Limp home mode, with fault codes :- 49 - Gearbox Monitoring 54 - Gearbox Monitoring 4 65 - Undete… read more
Last few days had multiple warning messages pop up
jon-t
jon-t, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
X54.4isport Last few days had multiple warning messages pop up. Out of no where, dry day. Trans Failsafe Prog warning (cleared after restarting few times) Selflevel Susp. inact (just happen while wife… read more
1999 740Il: with 95,000 miles..10 minutes and goes..reverse..uphill
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
1999 740Il with 95,000 miles. Transmission failsafe program light is on. Car rides fine for 10 minutes and goes forward and reverse but cannot go uphill at all and lurches all the time. Mechanic says … read more
My 96 328 sedan was running fine, then as I..rpms..neutral
Sam, BMW Master technician
my '96 328 sedan was running fine, then as I accelerated from a stoplight it shifted fine from 1st to 2nd then 2nd to 3rd (manual transmission). As I accelerated through 3rd it didn't shift into 4th. … read more
735il: the tranny goes to top and displays trans fault..ign..limp mode
BIMMER MECH
BIMMER MECH, owner/operator
I took out a auto from a e32 735il series and replace it wuth a second hand box that is now staying in first it wont upchange we change speed control sencer retentioned valve bodys replaced filter. Wh… read more
2002 BMW 325i: Auto Transmission..101,000 miles, runs good..sputtering
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
2002 BMW 325i Auto Transmission, ran perfect until 101,000 miles, runs good then out of no where it starts running very irratically ie. skipping and sputtering. Then if that is not bad enough the tran… read more
2003 BMW 318i: occurs..i am doing clutch control in 1st gear..revs
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
Hi There I own a 2003 BMW 318i e46 manual. Every time i change up a gear (especially from 1st to second) the car jerks abit. This also occurs when i am doing clutch control in 1st gear unless i keep t… read more
THE TRANS GOES INTO LIMP MODE AT THE SAME TIME..LITE..SELECTOR SWITCH
Sam, BMW Master technician
I HAVE AN E38 1997 740IL. THE TRANS GOES INTO LIMP MODE AT THE SAME TIME THE GEAR INDICATOR LITE IN THE DASH GOES OUT. I HAVE VERIFIED POWER TO THE SELECTOR SWITCH ON THE TRANS WHICH HAS ALSO BEEN REP… read more
M3: Convertible.The cog light came on yesterday..traction..car starts
Milli90
Milli90, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Hi.I have a 1998 Evo2 SMG M3 Convertible.The cog light came on yesterday going around a corner and I lost traction for a few minutes.The car starts and drives but doesn't engage 2nd gear - it goes fro… read more
trans fail-safe program message on the display..dashboard..diagnostic
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
Have an 1997 840 Ci. It is in "limp mode" with the trans fail-safe program message on the display on the dashboard. Mechanic performed the diagnostic today. Codes that came back are DTC 's 00120 - und… read more
Bmw 318i: a rattling noise coming..throttle..mechanics
RButcher
RButcher, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Hi i have a bmw 318i (2003), for the past year ive been hearing a rattling noise coming from the underneath, usually when im in 1st 2nd third gear and when the throttle is slightly pressed. i have bee… read more