Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified service manager BFRC - Electrical Specialist
9949505

2003 325xi: washer pump..already checked fuses pump unit..control unit

Customer Question

2003 325xi washer pump does not work already checked fuses pump unit I think maybe control unit?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
graphicThanks for visiting Just Answer,
Are the head light washers broken as well? Can you hear the pump when you hit the switch? If you can hear the pump operate click here
If the head light washers are OK and there is no pump operation let's check the pump motor.
The washer pump is located on the side of the washer reservoir. Check the Black wire for power when requesting washer operation. Brown wire is ground. If there is no power on the Black wire, but the headlight washers work properly, continuity back to the general module should be tested.
Manually supply the pump with power and ground on the wires mentioned above. The pump should operate. If not, replace the pump.

Can you check this and get back to me?

Edited by Tim West on 6/28/2010 at 4:57 PM EST
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tim asked for more info can you help?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tim asked for more info can you help? the headlight washer does not work either no voltage to pump
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Did you get my other reply?

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3ofoe-this-is-for-tim-west-i-am-trying-to-ask-him-a-question-inreference

Edited by Tim West on 6/28/2010 at 5:38 PM EST