George
George, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Technician over 20 years BMW Dealership Experience. BMW Auto Repair Shop Business Owner
8183308

1999 750il: My hazard warning flashers

Customer Question

I have a 1999 750il and My hazard warning flashers will not go off...where is the fuse
Category: BMW
Expert:  George replied 8 years ago.

As a designed safety feature even if you disconnect the switch or the fuse the flashers are going to continue to flash. You will need to disconnect the battery in order to keep your battery from dying until it can be diagnosed to find out why they are flashing.

_____________

If I have answered your question I ask that you please accept.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So even if I take out the relay they will continue to flash?...why is that?
Expert:  George replied 8 years ago.
It is part of the control unit, they have designed it this way for many safety reasons, just like if you are involved in an accident depending on the severity it will also turn them on automatically. Even if you disconnect the control module certain lights will continue to work all just for safety. Such as the head lights, tail lights.
Expert:  George replied 8 years ago.
Did you need ant further assistance with this issue?