Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2006 330CI: new sensor wire fitted & alignment..handbrake 2..brakes

Customer Question

A 2006 330CI, the discs & brakepads were replaced & wishbone set,new sensor wire fitted & alignment done,no sensor light came on before,everything was fine for about 20km then 3 sensor lights came on 1 the handbrake 2 looks like brakepads on right side of panel 3 looks a siircle not full arrow on one side triangle in middle light in centre of panel.everything seems to be fine with brakes .i dont have a manual or motorplan.
Thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

The lights your describe relate to the DSC dynamic stability control system. When there is a failure in the system these light come on to indicate that you may not have ABS brakes, and stability control functioning correctly due to a failure of the DSC computer or and input to the computer...like a steering angle sensor or wheel speed sensor.

The best way to find out what is going on in my opinion is to have the dealer read out the fault code and run a test on the system. At the dealer we can see more information and run more tests to get to the bottom of a problem faster. And we have the luxury of swapping parts for testing. This reduces the overall time to diagnose the problem.

Your brakes will continue to work normally but may not have ABS functionality. You should avoid harsh braking until the fault can be read out and rectified.

I hope this information is helpful. Please hit the accept tab and please let me know if I can try to clarify anything for you.