BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2008 bmw: z4..lot of features such as flashers staying..car back…

Customer Question
just bought a used 2008...
just bought a used 2008 bmw z4 3.0si. dealer showed me a lot of features such as flashers staying on for only three flashes, etc. Manual told me even more available features, but didn't say how I could set these up. Do I have to take the car back to the dealer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2010
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi, What additional features are you referring to?

I would like the seats to adjust according to the key that is used.

I would like the the triple turn signal activation.

I would like the outside temperature to return to the previous screen after it warns it is below 37 outside.

I guess this is all I can find for now.

You will need to go to the dealer for this unfortunately.

Let me know if you have further questions. Please press ACCEPT if satisfied with my assistnace so that I am compensated for my time and effort. I am not compensated until you press ACCEPT.

Cheers,

Steve

do they charge for this? If so, I wonder why they didn't tell me this when I bought the car. I bought a GMC truck a couple of years ago with many of the same type of features and was able to do everything myself. I will be pissed if I am charged to set this up. Is it covered under the original warranty?

That depends. When you buy a new BMW, they give you a form to fill out with your selections, and do it for you before they deliver the car. Then, if you want to make changes later, they generally will want to charge you.

On a used car, depends on your dealer. Hopefully you will be able to convince them to do it for free, as I'm sure you did not spend an insignificant amount of money on your Z4. I would talk to the salesperson that sold you the car and see if he can make it happen for you for free. If you go straight to the service dept they will want to charge you for sure.

Let me know if you need anything further. Please press ACCEPT if satisfied.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Steve on 6/23/2010 at 4:02 AM EST
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Ok thanks for the info.

Erik

You are welcome