BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Hot air blows out of the passengers side when the air..drivers side…

Customer Question
Hot air blows out of...
Hot air blows out of the passengers side when the air on the drivers side is cold. I've change the heat valve. Oh yes, and in the winter it is just the opposite.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: BMW
6/22/2010
BMW Mechanic: BMW expert, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
BMW expert
BMW expert, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Checked the red/ green/ yellow wire At the hear control valve and make sure you have power on that wire . That wired its power from the number seven fuse.

Then checked the other two wires to be sure you have ground on those those grounds signals are coming from the hear control unit . Very commonly a faulty hear control will cause your problem

In your answer to my problem, you stated " Very commonly a faulty hear control will cause my problem. Did you mean a Heat Control?

Thanks,
Dave

Yes I apologize, that was suppose to say heater

Thank you

The fuse is OK and there's power to the heat valve. How do I check the ground signal from the heat control??

Is their hot water flowing through the heat valve ?

Using a test light that is attached to the positive battery terminal and probe the wire to see if there's any ground signal going to the valve