BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I sync my iphone to my car? I have a 2004 with bluetooth capability…

Customer Question
How do I sync my...
How do I sync my iPhone to my car? I have a 2004 with bluetooth capability
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: BMW
6/18/2010
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Have you ever been able to sync a phone to the car?

Steve

Never tried before. The previous owner had a Verizon synced.
Thanks please give me a moment

Hi again,

The instructions to pair your phone are here:

CLICK HERE

Just click through to your model for a video.

I would like to note for you that your phone is not on the compatible list though:

CLICK HERE

so it may not pair. I do know of people successfully pairing iphones, but it depends on the software in the phone, and also the car. If you cannot get your phone to pair, it is possible that an update from BMW will make it work, but there are no guaratees as the iphone is not 'approved'

Please let me know if you have further questions, I am happy to answer follow ups. If satisfied with my assistance, please press accept so that I am compensated for my time, effort and expertise. I am not compensated until you press accept.

Cheers.

Steve

Edited by Steve on 6/18/2010 at 6:06 PM EST
Any clue as to the category or do I need to read through all of them?

Can I please have the last 7 digits of your vin to verify which model you have?

Also, the iphone is on the approved list, for some reason I was thinking it wasn't on the list. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by Steve on 6/18/2010 at 7:05 PM EST
KR30526

On your car, the process will be:

it is possible that your phone goes into pairing mode when it is turned on, so try seraching with your phone as you turn the car on. if not, try this process:

Turn phone bluetooth on and set to pair

press and hold pair button on car

while holding, turn key to position 1

wait 3 sec

should beep

car should say pairing

enter code on phone if prompted

phone should confirm, car should beep

turn off car to confirm/save

Let me know if you have further questions .Please press ACCEPT if satisfied.

Cheers,

Steve

Where's the pair button on the car? The button I thought was it, doesn't do anything.
What button were you pressing?
The one on the sterring wheel R/T

When you turn on the car, and press the R/T button, does anything happen?

When the key is in position one (car not started), PHONEBOOK E appears on the radio display.
Try turning the car all the way on and then finding it with your iphone.