Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

my left front tire area, not sure if it is part..suspension..bearings

Customer Question

I am hearing a sotra clicking noise coming from my left front tire area, not sure if it is part of the staering or suspension, or possably the bearings?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

There are really any number of things this could be. Bearing, suspension part, rock or nail in the tire, debris stuck behind the wheel.

There is no simple answer here unfortunately. I suggest you start by inspecting the tires for any stuck objects (roll the car a foot, inspect, roll another foot, inspect, etc). If you can't see anything obvious you can jack up that corner and remove the wheel to have a closer look. If you still can't identify anything, you will need to have the car put on a hoist for a proper inspection, or have it driven by an experienced BMW technician.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Please press the ACCEPT button if satisfied with my assistance so that I am compensated for my time, effort and expertise. I am not compensated until you press ACCEPT.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Steve on 6/17/2010 at 4:27 PM EST
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

Hi again,

It is somewhat difficult to diagnose a "clicking noise" without hearing/experiencing it first hand. This is the best advice that can be given remotely, I'm afraid. Check the tire, it is common to get a nail or rock stuck in them.

Steve

Edited by Steve on 6/17/2010 at 4:35 PM EST
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Its not a rock nor nail, sounds more like bearings
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

Okay, it very well may be, There is no way to know for sure without having them inspected.