BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

BMW: sport..like week void bushes in the diff mounting

Customer Question
I have a BMW 550...
I have a BMW 550 M sport which suffers from transmission snatch. The car is a manual and the problem feels like week void bushes in the diff mounting. Are uprated diff mountings available?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hi there,

No, there are no updated mounting available for your car. I suggest you have the current ones looked at under warranty.

Let me know if you have further questions. Please use the accept button if satisfied with my assistance. I am not compensated until you press accept.

Cheers,

Steve

I suspect it is a fundamental design issue, so I doubt I will get too far with a warrantee claim. Am I the only one in the world iritated by bushes deliberately designed to be soft?
I've actually never heard anyone complain about them so perhaps you are just a more discerning customer than most - which you certainly deserve to be for what you paid for your 550. It wouldn't hurt to have it checked out under warranty, but you're right, it is probably normal what you are feeling. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Please press accept if satisfied. Cheers. Steve

Edited by Steve L on 6/11/2010 at 4:07 PM EST
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Hi again, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there not any upgraded parts available. Please let me know if you have further questions. Steve

Edited by Steve L on 6/12/2010 at 5:51 PM EST