How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bimmaster Your Own Question
bimmaster, BMW Technician
Category: BMW
Satisfied Customers: 1882
Experience:  3 years dealer experience, master bmw tech
Type Your BMW Question Here...
bimmaster is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2003 330i: BMW...I need to replace the crankcase vent valve

This answer was rated:

I have a 2003 330i BMW. I need to replace the crankcase vent valve. Can you tell me where it is located on the engine?
Hi, the crankcase vent valve is located under the intake, forward of the throttle body.
It can be replaced without removing the intake, but it is a pain if you've never done one.

You will have to replace the 4 hoses that connect to the valve, since they often crack and leak. Also you have to destroy the hoses to remove the valve if the intake isn't removed.

Here is a DIY : e46 CCV

bimmaster and 6 other BMW Specialists are ready to help you