BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2000 740IL: 6 cd changer..removing..compartment door..door opens

Customer Question
I have a 2000 740IL...
I have a 2000 740IL and the 6 CD Changer stoppped playing and I get a ''CD Error'' message onthe sytem display. Have tried removing the Changer, the compartment door opens, but the cartidge does not release?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: BMW
7/14/2008
BMW Mechanic: BMW Pro., BMW Technician replied 9 years ago
BMW Pro.
BMW Pro., BMW Technician

So you've tried the reset button and no joy? This is the pioneer changer, right? To be honest what you're descibing is generally the beginning of the end for the CD changer and usually means opening the unit to retrieve your CDs. Have you tried completely disconnecting the unit? Even if out of the blue it springs back to life it will more than likely be a consistant problem. The only user caused problems i've encountered is people putting thier CDs in the magazine upside down and people using CD-R which can be considerably thicker than normal CDs.

Rich.

Reply to BMW Pro.'s Post: Rich,
There is no mention of a specific brand name, it is labeled as a BMW componenet? Is there a meams to disconnect the unit w/o having to remove the navigation unit. It would appear that you would have to remove the nav unit to drop the trunk interior panel to access the power supply connector? Is there a fuse that controls the unit that can be removed and then re-insereted?

I will check the schematic for you.

Rich.

If i'm right then the CD changer fuse should be a 30 amp fuse in location 69 in the trunk.

Rich.

BMW Pro.
BMW Pro., BMW Technician
BMW Pro.
BMW Pro.
BMW Pro., BMW Technician